Monday, September 6, 2021

Labor Day, Late Posting....


 


 


 


 

It did warm up today and became a pleasant day. New sounds for our neighborhood is the family of six enjoying their new pool.  It actually is ktty korner to us so it is close. I know they have been anxious for it to be completed. Some people mowed lawns today and two different neighbors started up their smoker grills this morning. 

I had taken up bins to the old place to fill with tools and painting gear.  I emptied one more bin today thinking that it was my last one.  I then did notice I have one more small milk crate size thing filled with paint rollers and tools yet to empty.  It will be so nice to have that all put away now.  I have a lot of duplicate tools now as I would buy a new one if I needed it to work at the old place. I may have to devise a give away plan. 

I picked some smaller tomatoes today as the larger ones are all done.  Some are splitting open and the black bugs are enjoying them.  They make it easy to just pick and toss on the ground for now. It is too early to clear the vines but I think maybe a week or so from now I could start to thin them and mulch them. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Great picture of the hummimgbird Larry!

Laurel Wood said...

Such pretty photos. I know the kids were having fun in the pool. Last night, neighbors here fired up their grills and RADIOS but thankfully, they turned the music down at a decent hour. Had the first chemo today and will meet with the dr tomorrow to find out if the cancer is in the liver also. I hope you both ar enjoying autumn weather. You will have to get out your pretty coffee and apple cider mugs.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have some tomatoes splitting also...not sure what causes it...you have to catch them just right to be perfect tomatoes. I thought it was uneven watering during the rains but that is only a guess!