Thursday, September 9, 2021

Thursday's Things.....


 These are rose hips on my William Baffin rose. I drove in a stake with a sledge today and attached a trellis to it.  I then tried to regroup and attach the sprawling climber rose to the trellis. It is my first attempt to get the rose under control.  I will take pictures of it after the bush adjusts to my rough treatment. 



I cut off all the spent blooms on my three knock out roses this morning.  It was partially blooming so I made it look better with the pruning. 



I trimmed back on a couple of sage plants in my front flower garden. They were mostly spent and were just laying down on top of things that were trying to bloom.  Unfortunately I did cut this one bloom off by mistake, blanket flower, but the main plant is still in tact ready for next years new season. I hate that when I do that. 


This has been a two year project, on going, but it is closer to being finished. We had valances on our windows at the old place and the were used for bottom of the bed as a ruffle. It works well and we have material leftover to make matching pillows for the trundle bed. 


I was able to buy mattresses over the net for this project.  They came flattened and rolled up in a bundle 
When it was removed from the box and the plastic bag removed, it sprung out into a mattress. It was amazing.  I have the other one that is positioned under the bed. The foam creation is very firm and will make two nice twin beds. We are trying to figure out what to place on the bed to go with the color and pattern of the old curtains. We may buy a blanket of  just the correct color. Quilts won't work with the patterned ruffle. 



The hosta growing there is hidden and hard to see.  I guess it is good that it grows there but it seems to be not necessary there.  Maybe I can dig it up in parts and put it somewhere else. 

 I spent my last three days trying to get test strips for my blood tests for diabetes.  I called it in on the phone system and it seemed to be lost. The pharmacy claimed that the doctor had not called back but in reality I had four refills on that product.  For some reason I had to argue to get it addressed as I was out of strips.  I have type 1 and type 2 diabetes and that requires me to test my blood three times a day.  It is unusual but the Medicare people thought that I was not needing to do that and a doctor had to explain the necessity of so many test strips.  Yesterday at five in the afternoon I finally got what I needed after three trips to the pharmacy daily. I still had to sign and answer a question about how many did I have left in my container. Zero is the magic number as I was skipping tests to even cover my day. I hate all the red tape but I am through venting

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Get ahold of the company that makes the test strips and tell them about your situation, maybe that will get someones butt moving! What a pain in the butt, you should not have to struggle to get the supplies you need:(