Thursday, July 12, 2018

Heat......


The sky doesn’t reveal how hot that it is but for some reason when the sun is in open view, it is hot. I worked outside in the morning and the temps gained on me more than I recognized.  Sunburn on white skin appears later and walking back into the house makes it feel like walking into a meat locker.


I really like the effects created by a cold camera taken outside in 91 degree F. temperatures. I had to keep wiping off the lens as the temp difference and the high humidity causes problems. The lily is one of the varieties that has a very large bloom in comparison to the normal sized bloom. I knew that I had moved it to the new garden but really didn’t know where it got planted. It sits at the bottom of my outdoor stairs along the north side of the house.


The neighbor had an orange one of this variety but I couldn’t get it to grow when I was given a sample.

The milk can was placed there as a whim as I didn’t want to keep carrying it.  The jury is out as to if it is going to stay there. I am trying not to junk things up in the yard and yet is seems to look good there.  I have a neighbor who has no trees and no garden object in their yard so I look a little cluttered.





One of the Jack in the Pulpit plants put out a seed growth.  I remember these in the wild where a red seed head ends up laying on the ground. I never noticed this doing a seed pod last year but I may just not have seen it.  We were in drought mode last year so it may not have put one out.  This grows under the deck stairs and it resembles the timber conditions that they normally grow in.


The planter in the front yard is looking great with all the variety of plants in there.  I can’t take credit for most of these plants but I am told the former owner would grow a muskmelon among these planting.  I can’t imagine how that,worked. I am confused over the white blooms but I think there are white coneflowers and also white daisies are in this planting.



The new thistle feeder allows the birds to hang from the wire grid or to stand on the bottom tray.  This goldfinch is doing both as it feeds.

I am headed to the old place today and will do inside work today.  I haven’t been up there since Monday.  It is going to be hot by noon again today.  Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes you have some White Coneflowers most likely Echinacea 'White Swan' they are beauties! Stay cool...we are doing the meat locker thing here too:)