Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tuesday’s Here.....


A hot summer bargain that I can grow inside this fall. I haven’t had a begonia for a long time and I could not pass on this beauty.



My newer rose has returned with more blooms.  This is its second round of buds on this rose.



It is good when a volunteer tomato is actually one of my favorite varieties. The yellow pear tomato was in the main raised-bed last year.  I am not sure how the seed traveled that ten feet.



It isn’t impressive at this time but the William Baffin rose has been planted.  I am so frustrated with the clay soil on my property.  I know builders think I should only grow grass but their layer of clay in hot weather becomes really hard.  I couldn’t get a spade into the ground where I had originally decided to plant.  Instead I  put it up agains the house where the asparagus plants struggle to produce.




The tiger lily has always been a fascinating bloom for me.  As a kid, it seemed to be unreally to see a flower that looked like that. I have never seen any other color of the lily but I do know there are some out there.  I don’t see them on the market at regular nurseries.

I am traveling to the old place today and will see what the weather effects have done to the place. I will get the old truck and journey to do some more work.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

My begonia's didn't do well this year, I think there was to much shade.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like yellow pear tomatoes they have lots of flavor! Hope I can find some at area farmers markets. Your flowers look good! Too bad about your hard as a rock soil maybe you need a pick axe! Dig a big hole and add your own soil before planting:)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Looks like you've had a wonderful growing season this year Larry !
I'm looking forward to cooler days myself, watering everyday is exhausting work, rewarding yes, but exhausting.
What an unusual tomato !
Hugs,
~Jo