Friday, March 26, 2021

Birthday Day....


 The earth continues to tilt back as I can now see the sun in to the far left of the silver maple tree It was just a few weeks ago that the sun was viewed on the far right of this horizon. 

 


It is my birthday today and my wife bought me a gift.  I had to have help from her as we assembled this thing. All the parts were there and all the bolts plus and extra just in case. 

 


It had good visual instructions along with adequate written descriptions of the parts. The made sure the two main vertical poles where labeled with a sticker so one would not start out on the wrong foot. My wife had ordered it on the internet and because we share the same server it was popping up as an ad on my computer. I noticed it mostly as to what plants were being placed on it during the little movie but I didn't really notice the rack itself. I have been getting a lot of ads for plants because I had ordered iris so I didn't clue in that she bought me this. She was certain that I had figured it out but I am 71 years old. 

 


The gift made it necessary to move the plants all away from the window and regrouping took place. I moved my violet shelf over the the other window on the other side of the fireplace. I need to cut back on the vine and I can move things around in the spaces until I get everything in its perfect place.

 

 

We are going to order food from Olive Garden this evening for my birthday meal.  My wife is going to bake me a  sugar free yellow cake today and we will sprinkle bits of chocolate sugar free candy bar on top of it to make frosting. I ran across the cake mix last month and it will work for a diabetic.  It isn't flour free but I can limit the size of the piece that I take. There is a replacement for white flour but then you have to make the whole cake from scratch.  Alcohol sugar is wonderful as it is a great replacement for sugar but we have not seen it on sale so far. Anyway, I am glad to make it to another birthday and I am grateful for the mini celebration we will have today for supper. 

Thanks for stopping by today.



5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Enjoy your supper and your cake! That plant stand is a perfect gift! :)

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Happy Birthday! Hey! First one to wish it! May you have many more...

Laurel Wood said...

🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼Happy Birthday to you! I love the plant stand gift from Della. I hope you enjoy the Olive Garden meal and the cake. Have a blessed birthday weekend.

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Birthday Larry!

Rose said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I like the plant stand...nice gift.