Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Middle of Week....


 A quick shot of a short meeting ot these two. It was a surprise to see the big red guy there and he didn't stay for very long.


The snow is gone and the female plastic goose has her head free from the snow. The grass looks green but it really isn't. It is pretty much a dead turf right now,  It will revive if we get a few rains. We are declared to be in a drought right now in spite of all the snow. 


These clamps do work but they are not user friendly.  I still don't understand how to take them apart once I have tightened them. They are used more for holding down things on trailers but they do work for picture frame making and wood clamping.


With a review of a photo of a broken table you can see things need to be put into place and glued.  I had two corner pieces that needed to be fixed. 


The set up was difficult but I did figure it out. Because of the style of the table I had to interweave the straps inside the opening and reconnect them to the clamp mechanisms.

I have framing clamps that work a whole lot easier than these two but they are at the old place right now.  The are simply designed unlike these. 


I had the first corner glued and clamps removed before I thought about photographing it. I now have both corners glue back into their rightful corner. 


It is all done and ready for a power sanding.  I had a good day to do that outside but we are now cooling down.  I will just have to wait for better temperatures to work out side. 


I took this class at college and they were on a quarter system.  So a quarter lasted a lot less than a semester so I didn't have so much time to work on these two tables.   This table that I repaired tells me a story that I must not have had time to really finish it correctly. You can see the tongue and groove joint didn't get sanded off completely to be level with the table top. The opposite side of this piece has the same problem.  I do remember going to a park on a weekend to put finish on them at a picnic table. There was a little league game going on at the time and I had a hard time finding a table away from the crowd to use for the finishing. 

We received our second shots today for Covid-19. We got right in when we arrived and had our shots at a very fast pace.  The wanted to get the job done.  We had to sit out in the hall for 15 minutes to check for adverse reactions.  We had none but we sure can tell that we had the shots.  We will wait to see what reactions will happen tomorrow.  It is good to be taken out of the high risk zone for now. In two weeks we will be safer. Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your table is looking good! So good to hear that you got your shots, hope you have good days afterwards! I just saw on the weather that you are in a Tornado watch:(

Laurel Wood said...

I hope you both do well with your second vaccine, I hope the discomfort will be minor. I love seeing the birds that visit your feeder. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your table project,