Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Random Craziness.....


 The goose was looking dead, as the wind had blown it over and its head had fallen off of the body. I lay there for a few days looking like my neighbor had shot it with his rifle.  Today, I walked out in the rain and righted him.  I gave his neck a little bit of twist to give him some attitude. 


 While I was in the storeroom looking for things to photograph I found this stage coach.  My long time followers have seen this before. I assembled it in my youth. I believe it was a Christmas gift but I am not sure who gave ti to me.  I had to carve the horses and can see I didn't put much work to them. I watch a mystery on cable from Canada and they have a stage coach similar to this in one of the policeman's office shelf. 


While walking in the rain I took a badly arranged shot of the rose bush and the iris.  This was a newly replanted garden area after the voles ate everything in that patch. Nothing was left uneaten. I just remembered that I lost a tiger lily by their chopping away on things. 


I finished the last coat of paste wax on my last table this morning. The walnut grain is one of my favorite kinds of wood. I am not sure where this table will go as it was in such disrepair that it never was upstairs before now.  Maybe it be a plant stand.


The newly designed feet for the table makes them look a whole lot complete. It was going to be a simple addition of pieces of squares to the bottom and it evolded into some thing else altogether. 

 

Hand built, native American replica, piece contrasts to a wheel thrown pottery piece,  The story that goes with the handmade one is that I made it in a summer for a class. There was a break in the class so I actually worked on them at my cabin in Minnesota.  We also took a trip up into Canada for a visit of a History Center, then I brought it back to Iowa to have a final day of class. It was fired in a bonfire and it rolled around in the back of the van before I took it in for a grade. It has a great story to tell. Yes it is supposed to look rustic and historic.

Thanks for stopping by today at my posting.

4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I like a goose with attitude!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great looking pottery with a story! Hope you are both well! I had a rotten day...the weather change I think...or the shot ...or old age:)

Laurel Wood said...

Your table will make a great plant stand, the walnut grain is lovely. Hydrangeas and weigelias are putting on new growth here. We are set to move on Monday.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That stagecoach must bring back memories, Larry. I suspect the mystery show you are referring to is the Murdoch Mysteries, which is a favorite here. I like the walnut finish on the table.