Saturday, March 27, 2021

It's Saturday.....


 The poinsettia is starting to revert back to the form it would have without a greenhouse.  It requires me to watch the soil moisture diligently or the plant gets dry and dies.  It also gets too wet it dies.

 


The second set of blooms are looking great on the Thanksgiving cactus. If it ever stops blooming I will put it in a larger clay pot to encourage more growth. I think it gets to go outside this year somewhere in the shade of the sun room. 


The blooms are so magical as the sprout out two sections and a special center growth at the end. It looks good on my display rack.

 


I had a birthday cake that seemed unusual but best for a diabetic. The cake mix itself was called a sugar free cake. The flour in it still makes it high in carbs so one doesn't get to eat a very big piece. My wife baked it in two round pans and when it cooled we put sugar free vanilla pudding in between them like a Boston creme pie. The top is sprinkled with Russell Stover's sugar free candy. The candy didn't stick well but it was good.  The negative of it is the after taste once it was eaten made one want to find something to eat to clear out the taste.  I guess if I have it with coffee today that the coffee would cut that taste.  It tasted like normal cake as you ate it. It was very good. 

 

Looking to the east last evening the clouds were in a nice pattern. I missed this kind of view for most of the winter so it is nice that it is warming up outside. 

We had some carry out Italian food for my birthday supper and it was delicious. Along with the cake it was a good dinner. My blood numbers should have been high this morning but they were too bad.  I do have a buzz that tells me I didn't stay on the diet that I should have.  I can eat better all day today and it should make me feel better.  Thanks for stopping by today.


4 comments:

Rose said...

I love that sky...the poinsettia is beautiful as is the cacti...the cake looks delicious.

The Furry Gnome said...

That poinsetta looks amazing for this time of year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You cake looks good, so glad that you had a cake!!

Laurel Wood said...

I am glad you enjoyed the Italian dinner and the cake. Your flowers look great on the new plant stand.