Monday, March 29, 2021

Monday Moments.....


 It was hard to shoot. I had to keep going out to get a shot when the haze finally cleared. It is called the "worm moon".


The grape hyacinths are poking their heads through. Lots of tie I don't see them until they are in full color. The subtle purple is suggesting of what is to become of these blooms .I cleared away leaf debris from my favorite red daylily this morning.  I was taking the garbage bin to the curb and it seemed a good time to pull that stuff away from the green leaf sprouts. It was a cold wind so I hurried to get it done and put the stuff in the trash immediately. I cleared another bed Saturday so I have only one last area to clear. 

 


This is the before photo of the dead leaves that I cleared from the day lily. I can't work for long periods of time but it feels good to get some of the garden work off the list. 

 


Yesterday I was watching from my easy chair a bird trying to brings in things for a nest. This stick in the blue spruce hands there as the bird realized it wasn't as flexible as dead grass.  I could not see what kind of bird that it was but it sure tried hard for a while to get it into the tree. 

 


I really like fish and would like to put out an outside water feature. All in all I think it would unwise as I have to bring the fish in each fall of the year.  I did have a pond at my old place and I would have to net them out each fall and put them in a large aquarium. I gave that aquarium away before we moved.  The painting"print is by a Chinese artist who lives in Duluth, Minnesota. Cheng Kee Chee is his name and we wish to visit exhibits by him that were up over the summer at the University of Minnesota Duluth. The guy is so good at depicting fish in paintings. We have a large print by the same artist of the Duluth harbor.



Thanks for stopping by today. Have a good day.



2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Great moon shot!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are a trooper working in the gardens already, very cold wind today...below zero windchill and yesterday it was 79 degrees, there are snowflakes falling sideways today:(