Friday, March 12, 2021

Finallizing the Week.....


 These things apparently came up in the snow. I am glad to see them and know it will be a few weeks before they bloom.


Tulips and vinca are up on the other side of the garage door. The vinca wasn't doing well there but now it looks like it has taken over the whole area.


Another shot from Wednesday evening. It did rain somewhere in Iowa but not here at my place. 


Right after I edited this photo I made some changes. The rope thing is connected to a seed bag that the birds aren't really interested in so I went out and untied it. It won't be in any more of my photos now. The thistle seed in the sock must be old and they just don't want to eat it. 

 

My excessive compulsion set in and I am now redesigning these old end tables that I made in college. I made feet for the one on the right and now have done the same for the other.



It looks compulsive from the bottom but when I flip it over the tables won't look so unfinished. The wood I am using is walnut and it will match the color once I get it finished. Because I fixed the one top and got it all glued together I decided to get out the power sander and work on it.  So now I will go back and sand the other table top down so they will match. 


It doesn't looks so strange when it gets set up on its feet. I can't believe that I have got back into these but they will be finished in another couple of days.  I got too cold outside while sanding on the one so I will take some time off to get warmed back up and be comfortable. 

Headed to get groceries late this afternoon as we are out of essential things. It may be crowded because it is Friday.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice endtables! How come you've got tulips coming up so fast?!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for tulips!! It will be fun to see them blooming!:)

Laurel Wood said...

The tables are so nice and I like that they have a history. So nice to see signs of spring in your landscape. That is a pretty sky photo. Warm and cloudy here this weekend. We are living on paper plates and sandwiches until the move!!!