Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Middle of the Week....


 The "knock out" roses are starting to bloom. I was really surprised even though I had seen some buds while I was trimming back dead stalks.  One out of three of the roses took a h it from the winter cold but it is going to revive. 


I didn't wrap up or cover my tomatoes during the colder times and I thought I was negligent for doing so. Now I see they are rooting in and shooting up anyway while putting out newer green leaves. I would show you all of them at once but I planted them crooked.  When they get bigger they won''t look out of line. 


Train can destroy the iris so I brought some inside.  I think we are suppose to have rain for the rest of the week in some form.  We need the rain and it is really great to be getting it.


I was so glad to see this blooming. I had forgot what color that it was. I was feeling badly that I hadn't successful saved it but I did.  My dad and mom had this planted against their garage the whole length. I am sure my mom had starts of it from some other neighbor as my dad did build the garage years back. The iris was not already on that property. The photo doesn't show how dark that the whole flower is compared to the other old fashioned iris. 


As my one blog friend shared that the seeds that spread from a columbine don't have the same colors as the parent plant. It is a nice mixed color. 

I am off to a doctor's appointment at the downtown hospital this morning. It is the first in house meeting with this doctor as I have done online visits two time before. I am glad that I get to meet her and have a more natural conversation with my health concerns.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Your roses, tomato plants, iris and Columbine are beautiful. I hope your dr appt goes well. We met our new SC doctor this week.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That Deep Purple Iris is just the best!! Hope your Dr visits are good! I am tired of Doctors:(