Thursday, May 13, 2021

Thursday's Things.....


 


 The second iris to bloom is this white one. It has lots of buds on it. It is growing into the neighbors rocky side of the garden so I will move some of it after it blooms. 


The mulch that I put down has really made an improvement of this cottage garden. I need to add another bag of mulch on it but I am getting the job done. 


I was getting ready to plant the onions this morning but I was interrupted. The mower person came to mow the yard. I was treated like a garden expert as the person mowing stopped and ask  how to plant tomatoes in bucket. He didn't know if it would work but I said it was not a bad idea. I felt like the Jerry Cluver on television giving out all t hose planting tips.  I did go out after he finished the mowing and trimming.  The oniion sets are in the ground.  I hope to get a rain on them tomorrow. 



I don't understand the genetics of this flower but it is puzzling me. I have three different colors of plants from the one that I planted last year. I am thinking that I planted the yellow on last year and now I have all these volunteers everywhere.


Eventually these Jack in the Pulpit will be a different color from the leaves. They are still not quite as tall as they will be. 

We had a great time yesterday eating out at Panera Bread yesterday. It was during the time between two appointments. We had taxes to file and pay and that time was at 12:00 so we were hungry the hour later when we were finished. That was our first time going in and setting down in a food place. It wasn't busy but it was better that way. My other appointment was with my primary doctor.  Since the beginning I have added two other doctors to my following as well as a surgeon in the middle of it all. My primary doctor just needed to touch base with me so he could legally keep doing my meds. He took vitals and drew a lot of blood and said he would see me in November. He is a nice guy younger than my two boys. I am better than when I started being sick back in July of last year.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I am thankful you have improved since last year. I am realizing that doctors and pharmacists look twelve years old to me these days! Lol
Your iris, columbines, jack in the pulpits are all gorgeous. Happy to hear you both enjoyed your lunch at Panera Bread. We try to go during the not so busy times too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear that you are still improving! Columbine will reseed but the seedings will not be like the mother plant:)