Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Middle...of ... the...Week.


 The plastic Canada geese are hovering over under the bush.  They seem to know that the man that coes to mow the lawn is scary. I have tried to make my edges of the gardens clean from grass by mulching them. I did another bag of much today and it just makes things look great. I think I need to buy some more. 


I don[t know how it happened but here are the cemetery iris planted with the black iris on both sides. I mulched this area to help the guy out.  I don't want anything mistakenly  trimmed off. I made space so his trimmer can stay a distance. I did pull out the grass in there too.

Here is another shot of this old iris variety. I read where a company is selling it and is calling it Wabash. 

The front row of peonies that I inherited are looking the best in the for years I have been here. There are two plants that are not read and they have not opened yet. I think they must have been commercially purchased and squeezed in between the red ones. 


My favorite host is being crowded by the day lily. I may have to rework that his fall giving it more space to grow. The day lily will die back later and I have cut back some its leaves. That is my favorite red flower too.

I am so glad we have such great weather today. I was able to get work done outside. A breeze kept it from being too hot.  I am anxiously waiting for my person to come an mow today or tomorrow. The grass is too tall.  Thanks for checking in today.

3 comments:

L. D. said...

As the moon keeps moving in its cycles the position is to the left of the previous night. Last night the moon had move to be right behind my neighbors house. I wanted to take a shot but it didn't show for me. Maybe tonight it will be moved so I can get it from my back deck.

The Furry Gnome said...

We don't have your Iris, and our Peonies aren't blooming yet, but we have real Canada Geese out back.

Laurel Wood said...

Good luck getting the moon photo. Your flower beds are looking great. Mulch really does finish off the garden beds nicely.