Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Tuesday


 I picked these last night and some of them are just dead looking because of our drought. These flowers should look good throughout the fall but they are not.


We had two good rounds of rain now and the rain gauge shows that I don't have a deep enough bowl. The first round of rain was like a car wash event.  The wind from the northeast was strong and it caused the rain to blast against the house.  I intend to buy a real rain gauge today when I make a pharmacy run today. 



Heavy rain and winds really doesn't cause much damage but my poinsettia took a hit. The water filled vase in the back ground shows a lo of water from the overflowing eave trough.  If I were more energetic I would repot that plant in a larger pot. 



My one canna plant in front surprised me with new blooms.  The rain in the past must have revived it. Everything in that garden looks pretty burned up.



I had a shepherds hook that I didn't put out this year so I used it to put the sunflower straight again. The flowers are smaller but if you get close you can get a big picture. 


We are having a gray day as the front moves out of the area.  We will warm up this afternoon but we are pleasantly cool this morning.  Thanks for stopping in today........

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I enjoyed a cooler than usual day also. This is a pretty sunflower and I love the canna color. God bless you both.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice bright coloured Zinnias!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice sunflower!!