Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Flowers Forever....Until the Frost.


I planted the lavender last spring and it didn’t come back this spring very well.  I am glad it is still alive and maybe when I clip it back that it might do better next spring.

The marigold of old are doing well this year.  I had to baby them along with a lot of extra watering early on in the summer.
The white flowers look good in contrast to but brighter orange ones.

I like this shot with the morning glory being sheltered by some leaves. I like the structures showing in the photo.  The new deck and stairs are really enjoyable to have. All morning glories this year are volunteer and are of the same kind.  I don’t have the light blue ones this year.


As the flowers grow big the cupola really makes more sense as being a decoration.  The whole area is alive with butterflies and humming birds.

I will have to read through my old blogs to see when and where I bought this yellow rose.  It has been very happy were I have planted it.  It keeps blooming after the cutting back of the dead blooms.  It almost acts like a climber but I don’t think that it is.  I will cut it way back this fall as it proves to grow health canes for flowers.






The color of the blooms have improved as the season continues. It was more of a faded brown with its first blooms but this reddish color is really a good one.

I needed to mow at the old place and the grass just keeps staying green.  Last year it had browned and was dead looking.

I hope everyone is doing well today. Thanks for checking in.....today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

These are all gorgeous shots. The lavender we brought with us did not do well this year. Perhaps mine does not get enough sun. I do love the cottage garden with your cupola. The hibiscus color is pretty. We finally have rain today.

Rose said...

I bet the butterflies do love your yard...

Far Side of Fifty said...

perfect flowers with the cupola! I could only over winter Lavander if I covered it with sand...found that out by accident one yaer and was it ever nice the next year:)