Friday, August 30, 2019

Sunshine with a slight breeze........


Sailing into Friday with my yard mowed and it is a cool day.  This is Lake Superior on one of its calm days.


Flowers at the canal park area seem to thrive with the lake shore climate. I didn’t have any planters at my place as I pt everything into the ground.

They are very festive as they sit along a side street.


I guess I do have a planter that still holds last years begonia.  I wintered it over in a downstairs window and it is liking the outside weather again. The shiny leaves do add to the colors of the tropical like blooms.
The sliver side view of the monarch looks like a sail boats sail leaning in the wind. I have not seen anymore than this one monarch.  I do have hope that a few more will land here for a few days.  The one monarch does prefer the  zinnia blooms.

I had two goldfinches at my feeder this morning. They didn’t start around for long but when I see them soaring out there I run and get the camera. I found archived shots from last summer when I had a seed sock and a pair had raised four or five birds.  They were all at the feeder for long periods of time.

The variegated ret twig dogwood has done well this summer.  I did nave to water it once it a while as I  could see its leaves droop. We were so dry for a while that I was also watering my burning bush.

I seem to keep blogging in the afternoon.  I guess I mowed the whole yard today so I didn’t get to it until now. I   hope all is with with my blogger friends.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I really like the variegated red twig dogwood. Glad it is doing well. The bird and butterfly pics are so nice. That's a pretty sailboat in the first shot. The lake looks so calm. We moved 2 of our burning bushes beside our front steps yesterday. I hope they do well.
I wish you both a nice weekend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like your Dogwood too! That sailboat looks relaxing:)

Rose said...

Love those planters and I am afraid I will always think of sailboats when I see a butterfly like that!