Saturday, August 24, 2019

Saturdays Report.....


A week ago today I shot these night shots of the full moon.  The clouds were giving me seem difficulty get a good shot of the moon


The dark spots are clouds and not colors of the moon. I didn’t think I was going to get any shots with the clouds being so thick.


I was headed to the backyard to mow when I saw this guy flying around in the front yard.  I went in to get my camera and he was still hanging around. 


I did get a wing wide  open shot that I posted on my photo a day. The swallowtail seems to like the coneflower over the zinnias. 


I planted a lot of sunflowers but these two are my only ones to grow.They don’t looking like a smaller variety rather than the mammoth variety. 


We dropped off some of these tomatoes to my wife’s friend today. We didn’t take so many as they are big ones.  I placed some on my railing for he neighbor guy and his wife.  They were taken dow from the top of the fence so I see he did see them.  I picked a lot of cherries tomatoes for the friend as well as a few big ones.  We are having a nice day today.  I hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for checking in today.

4 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

The moon shot is pretty. The clouds give the photo a mysterious quality. It's been a long time since we've grown sunflowers. I remember how the squirrels loved them! lol
The butterfly on the coneflower is very pretty. I know your wife's friend and the neighbor appreciate you sharing the tomatoes.
The dog wakes me around 3 a.m. each morning. Last night the moon happened to shining thru the top of our Palladian window in the living room and made the shadow on the living room walls. It was so pretty but not something I could capture on film.
Glad you both are having a nice day.

Rose said...

The tomatoes look delicious. I love your moon shots. Beautiful captures of the Tiger Swallowtail.

Sometimes I think the birds like the smaller sunflowers better! Other times I am not so sure.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Great pics of the Moon! Lucky you! You have "big" tomatoes.... Only the Cherry tomatoes seem to be producing in our garden. And we planed all those heirlooms.. Ah well. The cherries do still taste good.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those tomatoes would make great sandwiches, Larry! I have never successfully captured moon shot so kudos to you on yours.