Thursday, August 22, 2019

No Fleas Market.....


Along the North Shore is a long lasting business that sells garage sales kind of things. All of the tables are out night and day with a makeshift type of tarp on each one.  The close them up at night and then open up the next morning. I would say there are eighteen or more tables of glass ware, dishes, ceramic pieces and much more.

Inside the building are many rooms to move through looking for that perfect find.  Having just moved and putting away all the dishes and things, I really wasn’t that excited when we  visited. The modern fiesta ware is sitting outside on tables but the authentic old fiesta ware is inside. There is a book room and old movie dvd room. I was pleased that we really didn’t find any more dishes.  The dishes we bought here 16 years ago are still in use today. They were Sango Stoneware with tulips on them for decoration.

We did buy four juice glasses at the sale.  These were the only juice glasses for sale. One can not buy them anymore unless you want plastic ones. They are bright and shiny as if they had never been used.










The dinner plate hibiscus has many blooms on it which means it will bloom for another couple of weeks. It fades to a bad brown color by the end of the day.

My new phlox from last season put out a small bloom but now has regrouped and is showing a lot more flowers. I assume they are hybridized for color and this is an interesting addition to all the others that I have.

This too is a hybridized one to give a two color bloom.  It too has surprised me by being stranger as a flower than it first appeared. I expect the show will be much greater next season. My old fashion phlox is getting itself establish and it too will be better next season.  I have a lot of phlox at the old place that is scattered everywhere.

I have one other variety in the front plater that seems to be too crowded with an aster and sedum.  I need to move it to the backyard while I can still find its stem and roots.
I returned to the dentist yesterday afternoon to have two cavities taken care of. Normally they have me just stay for that work but I think they wanted to get another billing out of me. It was not a great experience which none of them are but I was numbed up more on one side of my face than another.  I was thawed out on one side about three hours sooner than the other.  We wanted to eat at a place where I  could enjoy soup and Italian noodles.  It worked well but I was still partially numb after we returned home.  The unusual thing is the side that was least treated for numbness was actually the side that they did more difficult work.

I am good today.  I mowed the lawn in the front this morning and am taking it easy the rest of the day. We were cool this morning and had dew on the grass.  I think I am all out of North Shore stuff but I had a lot of other things to share before we took that trip.  I will have to go back and pick up the earlier things.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Take care out there.

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your flowers are gorgeous, you are a great gardener! Wish I could look through this flea market. So glad you had a quick recovery from this onerous dental work!

Laurel Wood said...

It's always fun to look at these sales and I am happy you found juice glasses. You have a nice variety of phlox. That is something I have no success with here. The zinnia photo should be a notecard - that is just spectacular. Glad you are feeling better from your dental work. It's no fun to eat with the numbness.

Rose said...

I always wonder just how long stuff has stayed under tarps at places like that. It would not stop me buying some things, but others it would.

Beautiful flowers...

The dentist does not sound fun.