Friday, August 9, 2019

Friday......


One of the state parks along the North Shore is called Gooseberry Falls.  The shoreline of the area is a large rocky one with all solid rock all the way to the shore. It looks like all one solid rock formation. At one time there were loose very large boulders on this beach.  I am assuming one winter they were taken back out to sea.



The river in the area has many different rocky ledges that create falls. I think there are five of them in total that can be seen if you walk the trails


The falls near the road look like this.  This is the first time that I have seen them with people in that river. There were too many people in the water.


We saw a group of people at the top of the hill with a woman dressed in her wedding dress. They will have to ask these people to get out for awhile so they won’t ruin her wedding dress photo.

We did not walk to this fall but I do remember seeing it years ago.  I took the photo to help see what it was like and it was an easy cheat for me. The photo was in the parks information center.  They also had exhibit of the old days along with stuffed a stuffed wolf and a bob cat. The gift center just didn’t have anything in it that I wanted to buy.

On the trail to the falls you can see the work of the river eroding away the soil from this old cedar tree.

Returning back home you can see the hibiscus is doing well.  The blooms are red in the morning and turn a brown color by evening. This plant really likes where I have planted against the back of the house.



I planted lavender last year but it has been slow to grow.  It did winter over and the soil should be great for it. Maybe the soil is too rich for it. It  was so slowing in its start I could remember what the plant was. I have learned to be patient rather than rip it out right away.



The glads that I bought late in the season are still going to bloom for me. I don’t think the colors of it are the same as shown on the package.  I will be sharing better shots of these blooms as I have brought some them in already.  I just need to get busy with the camera.

I went to work at the house today.  I started and then I stopped.  The neighbor guy stopped over and I offered to help him get rid of his tree branch pile.  We had talked about it earlier but he gets days off that don’t match my schedule.  Anyway, we loaded up the truck twice of his limb and branch pile collected for the year. I was glad to help him out but it was a lot of work.  When we finished I returned and worked on the house for about and hour and then went home. The tree job did wear me out and it was noon by then.

We are really in need of rain.  We are getting drought reports all over our state right now.  My grass is crackling now when I walk on it. I hope we get something soon.  The area where oure state fair is being held got a rain yesterday.

It is a late posting for me today.  Thanks for stopping in today.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love those falls, they are so pretty:) Your Glads are looking good:)

Rose said...

I love glads....but have not put any out in years.

Laurel Wood said...

It has been extremely hot and humid here also. Our grass is horrible looking. Glads are one of my favorites. The falls are very nice. That is not a place I would feel comfortable getting in the water! We often see weddings near waterfalls here. Do be careful working in the heat.