Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sunday’s Sharing.......


It is becoming a bonsai tree. I took the time to trim some of it back and I was surprised as to how good it looks.

It was surprising to me to see its form was created at the factory of the tree makers.  When I trimmed things back the leaves seemed to start to turn into shiny leaves. They were probably already shiny but it was not noticeable until I thinned things back.  The trick is to keep the larger leaves trimmed back and force it to have small leaves only.

I had ignored the firs few weeks so I was surprised to find that there is a hole in the bottom of the pot for good drainage.
The moss rose on the steps seems to be enjoying the weather.  I do have to keep it watered to keep it blooming. It goes in it antique granite ware pan.


These remind me back sixty years when I was a kid on the farm and my mom grew them along the walk.  My mom’s flower garden back then was about as wildly scattered as my back garden is today.  I had placed things in as they were moved in and there was no plan.

Down on the farm as a kid there were lots of phlox and iris.  Not so many peony bushes lots of chrysanthemums.  A gravel driveway the curved into the farmstead had a grapevine that lined part of it with a forsythia at its corner turn. That was southern Iowa as I don’t have a climate for the forsythia to bloom.  It makes a great bush but no blooms.


It is a cloudy day with lots of humidity today. I have a lot more blogging to do about the North Shore but I am feeling overwhelmed about it. I have a lighthouse to share that has so much commentary that goes with it. I keep putting it off as it will take a rested clear mind to pull it off. It make take two or three postings to cover it all.  We hand not seen  Split Rock for fifteen years so we took most of a day and really explored and photographed so much.

We also hit the rose garden in Duluth and I have so many photos from there.  I thank you for stopping by today.  I wish you all to have a restful Sunday afternoon.  Thanks for stopping by to visit.



3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

The bonsai tree is looking good. I worked with a gentleman here in GA some 40 years ago who was from MI and he has continued to have bonsai trees thru the years. I admire your success with this one. The moss rose in the graniteware is nice too. Forsythia does great here in our climate. The blooms almost seem neon as it is one of the first things to bloom. I like your coffee cup. It is stifling hot and humid today but we still enjoyed a cup of coffee at breakfast. Take your time blogging about your trip. I will love seeing the lighthouse and the rose garden. I wish you both a good night.

Rose said...

I need to remember to come back...sounds like the coming posts are going to be interesting. I wondered when I read the one up above.

I hope you show the bonsai tree as it grows. It will be fun to watch.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It is easy to get overwhelmed in posting about places you visit and the same has happened to me, Larry. That’s why I posted while we were on our extended road trips, but only every other day. I would have found it too difficult to remember everything had I waited until we returned home after 5-1/2 weeks away😉 Just take your time to sort through and post when you can.