Saturday, August 10, 2019

Saturday.....


As the forest ages, trees do die. Closer to the shore they suffer from the weather and trees to fall.  This was along the Cascade Falls area, south of Grand Marais, Minnesota.


The wild flower do well along the lake. They are a lot later in their blooming that when our bloom.  They stayed longer being cool.

A gooseberry bush has yet to put on fruit.  I am sure that they will show up soon enough.

This columbine is growing up along the rocks at the bay of Grand Marais.  I suspect this was planted here as a wild flower area near here was planted next to some rentals along the bay. The place would be nice to rent but all of the tourist area walking next to the bay right in the rentals back patio area.
Up by the Gooseberry Falls the flowers cling to the rocky cliffs and grow out of those rocks.  The wild flowers are so use to doing that you can see them everywhere.











Back home I have a late branch fro the hydrangea and it is putting out new blooms as if it is spring. We had a gentile rain that was really needed.  It was too little but it was better than nothing.












My glads are starting to bloom.  Since they seem to be laying on the ground I will just bring them in as the season goes by. I don’t remember them being this color from what was displayed on the package. They are still pretty though.



It is time for me to bring in some zinnias too to get some fresh zinnias to enjoy.

We just returned from the bookstore this morning and we are glad to be able to go there. Well it is getting to be fall now and we do have cooler weather.  The grass won’t grow with drought so I won’t have to mow this week. I appreciate your stopping by today.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Beautiful flowers...I sure need to get out for a drive or something....and see what I can see.

Laurel Wood said...

Your hydrangea, zinnias and glads are so beautiful. I enjoyed these photos from your MN trip of the wildflowers. The columbines are fun to see growing out of the cracks in the rocks.