Sunday, August 4, 2019

Remembering the Journey.....


The days traveling along the North Shore has giving me a full stock of photos for sharing.  There will be many themes on my future blogs. We use to visit the shore every single summer then life got busy and things interfered. We had not been there for 16 or more years.  Things have changed a lot and the places are so much more crowded.  Our temperatures were hot and we had great hotels to stay in at night.

The farthest north that we traveled this time was Grand Marais, Minnesota.  We follow the shore of Lake Superior all the way.

We visited Split Rock Lighthouse and enjoyed the historic spot.  I have shots of the place including the bathroom of the caretakers house.

We visited two trains at Two Harbors, Minnesota. There was a light house there we were able to see from a distance.
We also saw the waterfowl of the shore.  I even have shots of pigeons feeding in the streets of Duluth, Minnesota.

 The big boats come sailing in the harbor at Duluth, Minnesota. This was the last area in which we finished our morning before we headed south to our home. No more hotel life and and a good bed was welcomed last night.

I hope all was well with all my blogger friends while we were gone.  Thanks for stopping in today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

So happy to hear that you were able to return for a vacation. I look forward to all the pictures. I especially love lighthouses.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What fun for you! Glad you had a good time!