Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Two Harbors...again.


The smaller steam engine is the oldest one that was used in the area to transport ore to the boats. It is beautifully restored’


The cow catcher was probably standard size for whatever that would be on the track and in the way of the engine. I guess fallen trees could be tossed out of the way with the pieces of steel.



A part of this museum was this wagon that four rows of seat to carry many people. I suppose it could have been a school bus or was used to  transport workers to a place of work.


The long wooden car was used for maybe transporting wood or logs.  The coal car in front of that was about the same length as the wooden sided car.

They had roofs built to cover two trains and wisely had woven wire fence to keep people off of them. More trains tomorrow.





Back at the home front we are having clouds tightly fitted together governing the sun. They will clear as we are going to be hot again today.




While we were gone, the bird feeders all ran out and the b birdbath dried up.  The birds left the area.  We had flocks of them but now there were none.   I replace seed yesterday and water and a few strays are back to feed.  It seemed so strange to not see a bird anywhere.  I just saw my little chipmunk scarring into the flower garden.  I am glad he is still around. He likes to eat seed from the bird feeder droppings and from the seed pile that I put out each morning for him.


My late planting of the five tomatoes proved  to be a good thing. The tomato variety is an heirloom large tomato.  I didn’t have any like that last year so these are making me happy.

As I check out today I do wish everyone to be well.  I thank you for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Nice pics of the train and wagon. I remember taking my dad to a train museum/exhibit once and we both really enjoyed it. Your tomatoes are looking great. We have thunder each afternoon, but rarely receive rain.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for trains! Looks like you had a fun time in Duluth! :)