Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 31.......


August was a busy month but I am not ready to let go of it. The weather is weird with lots of cloud formations and it is a day of overcast skies.

My sunflowers haven’t blooms yet but maybe in September they can get the job done.

We did do a lot of things in August and that was good.  I guess I would have liked one more week of the month.
The birdseed has sprouted giving me some free birdseed.  It reminds me of wheat but I just can’t identify it. I usually pull it before it matures but this year I wanted to see it to the end.

I really don’t see any leaves changing at this point but I bet they will start in a couple of weeks.  I can tell the days are shortening.  September can be a good month and I will take it all in stride.

We were out and about this morning but are glad to be home again.  There were a lot of people at the bookstore and at Panera Bread.  I guess the weekend borough a lot of people out today.  Thanks for stopping by today.




3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

You two did have a busy August. I'm glad you could visit the bookstore this a.m. These pictures are so nice, especially the butterfly on the coneflower. We are seeing just a few leaves changing color. I notice the early a.m.'s are much cooler. Wishing you both a pleasant evening.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The deer ate my sunflowers off:( Is that other plant wheat?? :)

Rose said...

Love your sky shot, and that butterfly on coneflower is superb! I know barley has the long things on it...I call it a long beard...