Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Tuesday’s Things......


I picked a tomato and took a picture.  Then I looked around and realized I hand another one to pick.


Then again I found the second one and took the shot.  Then I remembered that I had slid a roma tomato in my pocket before I had even started shooting.


The fresh tomatoes last good even though they are late in maturing. I could have scattered some cherry tomatoes in the shot but that would be getting more ridiculous than I already am being.

The sedum plants in the front planter, raised bed, are showing off right now.  They should look pretty great.  The tallest one is back to being the same size as when it was bought. We had a nice rain yesterday with a quarter of inch of water.  We could have wished for more but that is good for now.

My grass doesn’t look so dead now but I think it won’t be growing so fast right now.



The butterfly chose its flower go now with it’s own color scheme. I have so many butterflies on them that there is motion going on continually.

I feed the chipmunk in two different places. He gets so excited that he sends this bow off the second story deck making the seed fly.  He isn’t a pet but yet he looks in at me in the morning in the sliding glass door begging for sunflower seeds.

I saw my neighbor lady outside today and we conversed about our tomato plants.  She only does tomatoes and cucumbers so she enjoys my flower gardens.  We ended up talking about the Sate Fair and her kids coming to visit her from four hours away. The garden seems to be our meeting center when the weather is good. She also mentioned that my invading vine is getting into my air conditioner vents and needs to be trimmed.  I will do that later today.  While out there I had reported some indoor plants.  I had a new pot that helped put two of the same kind into one pot.  I also planted a new jade plant start into an antique painted flower pot.


My tales of Minnesota will return soon.  I have so many shots and also now ad getting many garden shots.  I will every to be well today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Your tomatoes look tasty! I can just imagine the flurry of activity with the butterflies enjoying your zinnias. I love sedum plants but have not had any in many years. It's nice that you and your neighbor can "garden talk" with each other. In our neighborhood we have dogs and flowers in common.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

How well I recall having fresh tomatoes when we had a garden in VA, now we buy them at the Sunday farmers market and in the supermarkets. The butterfly is a frittilary and we also had those in our flower gardens. Glad the grass may be not be growing as fast.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I was wrong about the name of the butterfly and it is most likely a painted lady. At one time, I knew the names of all the varieties that used to visit our VA flower gardens...now we hardly see many.