Friday, December 15, 2023

A Very Cloudy Day.....


 The snowman ornament was one that I bought fifty years ago in a set of ten.  It is old now and I am sure that the real antique ones are out there. The metal toy is probably thirty years older.


A modern one that has various raised designs does fit in on the tree. The shape is a great one even though it isn't traditional. 



I received the fisherman from a blogger friend. She lived in Indiana and about three years after she gifted me this sh stopped blogging.  I always think of it as my dad's memorial piece as he loved to fish.



I didn't bring in the spike plant to keep it alive.  It took a few weeks but the cold finally took it down.  I put it into storage after I took the shot. 

We did some shopping today for gifts that need to be mailed to Maine. We got them packed in two boxes and I will mail them out this afternoon. We will be mailing more presents out in the future but they do need to be bought first.  It does get complicated.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes gift shopping is complicated! We give cash and buy stocking stuffers and one nice gift for a white elephant exchange:)

Val Ewing said...

Shopping for others is so hard. I rarely do that anymore. I do shop for the little ones though.
The easiest way I've done it is to shop on line and have that company ship it wrapped!