Thursday, December 7, 2023

Sunshine and Warmth.....


 

The morning sky on Thursday is a subtle one. The day is to be warm as the breezes are coming f rom the southwest.


 This crescent moon was out at the same time this morning. The camera picks up a dark background even though the real color is light blue.

 


 

My Thanksgiving cactus puts out one last bloom as the rest are all gone. It is time to cut back on the water and maybe I could get another bloom time from it in a month.


My other cactus is in the same exact stage with one last bloom showing.  It is an older one than the pink one.  I should repot them both to get them to grow in size. 



I had to jolt my memory to figure out this is Odie.  He is the friendly dog of Garfield the cartoon character. Garfield always treats him badly as he is depicted as a dumb young puppy that lust hangs around and pants with his tongue hanging out. 

We are going to have a warm day today. We will beat a record from the 1800s but that means we might hit 60° F. We will welcome the warmer weather as it has been so chilly recently. The sun is even shining today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I saw the crescent moon this morning! We had some clear skies.

The weather was warm and sure was different for December. I loved Odie in the comic strip and always thought he got a raw deal from Garfield.
:)

Your cacti are beautiful. I have a green thumb for indoor plants but no place to put them in our tiny cottage.