Saturday, December 23, 2023

Sat. Stuff....

 


 Our grand kids were here over Thanksgiving and made up some ginger bread house kits.  The one boy wanted to try eating the hard, cardboard-like pieces after they were done. 



I doubt that they ever have eaten real gingerbread cookies.  We bought three today at the grocery store and have boxed them up ready to send them out for them to eat. They smell good like the gingerbread cake that my mom use to make.  As a kid a great aunt would offer me her molasses cookies and they were hard as rocks.  My mom's gingerbread was always served with a brown sugar sauce. 



I was out this morning buying one last gift for my wife.  Of course these ornaments were marked down a large discount and I brought them home for our tree.  I like the traditional shappe and the hand painted decorations.  If they aren't hand painted, I would like to see the machinery that could put that design on it. 

We received a last minute gift at the door this afternoon.  I also got another Christmas card from a brother that I had already sent to a few days ago.  I am wrapping some of my presents today. I will be ready for Christmas.  I made another trip to the grocery store and that was a real challenge with everyone panic buying.  I have a med that should be ready today and if not I will have to go get it tomorrow.  The pharmacy is just a mile away so its not a big deal and maybe there will be one more item that I need to get for Christmas dinner.  We are warmed up again today and we got just a slight amount of rain.  Maybe the next two days we can get some measurable rain.  It is not said we are sixteen inches behind in moisture.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: