Sunday, December 3, 2023

Sunday....


 The majestic buck is in place. It really looks better at night. We have seen photos of an albino doe that is living in the southern part of our state. We have live deer that enter the area on the north end of the development because it is next to the timber which connects to our Lake Saylorville. 



I am close to bringing up all the toys that go under this tree. The tree is covered with glass blown ornaments, small, that I have collected in after Christmas sales. I call it my antique ornament tree even though thirty years of collecting them doesn't classify them as antique. 



I have a small tree to place with them but I couldn't wait to take the shot.  I was sending it to my older brother to help bring back his childhood memories.  We had two sleds like this but my dad did throw them away when he moved off the farm.  Sleds kept showing up in the two different places that he had moved. The sleds were left behind in the garage attics.  They are the same brand and age as the ones we had when I was a kid. The runners on these were not rusted so I didn't have to paint them.  The one with red still had its white stripe decoration on it. As a kid we would sandpaper the rails before we would try sliding on them. If these were town sleds they were probably not left outside and not used as much as farm kids would.

It was a cloudy gray day again today.  We aren't so cold and yet it does fell like winter. Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Your little tree is special. I'd call it an antique too !
I have my sleds out, although seventy degree weather doesn't offer a chance to use them :(
Love your large deer.
~Jo