Thursday, December 28, 2023

Thursday's Things.....


 This is a tree ornament as an example of a design era of the sixties. The wood pieces are minimal and symbolic but not very good at representing the manger scene. It is an ornament that just stays in the box year after year as a piece of history

 


In contrast to the above ornament is this one with precious moments influence in design. The child shepherd holds lamb like it is a stuffed ornament. It is a gentle ornament.



My sister-in-law would buy me these fun ones. The Italian snowmand holds a basket of bread loaves. He even has an Italian mustache. Sadly we lost Linda this past year but I will always smile and think of her with this piece. 



My agapanthus took a hit with one of our freezes. I had put it outside while we had company staying in the downstairs area.  It looks like some of it is starting to grow again.  It is a bulb/root-like plant and maybe it won't be harmed at all. 

 


I bought different kind of birdseed today.  The last bag had too many  sunflowers seeds in it and I needed more millet seed.  I will mix the two bags together as I put out seed.  Our new neighbors to the south who were from Colorado have put out bird feeders.  I have been the only one here for eight years that fed the birds and now I have company.  I saw a cardinal the other day in the tree and it needs to come back and eat these seeds all over the deck. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I like all of your Christmas ornaments minimalist and detailed.
Sorry to see your plant in that state, but hopefully it will grow again once spring appears.
Feeding the birds in Winter is so kind, those tiny little bodies need all the neurishment they can get.
Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

You plant looks a tad sad:) It is wonderful that you have an ornament that makes you smile and recall loved ones:)