Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Year's Eve.....


 The garden angel awaits my bringing her inside. She is sheltered under a roof but I am sure is cold.  We have a small amount of snow scatter in places. 



I shared a train yesterday so today I will share my train rack. I have old trains that I am able to display but they are not in good working order. My brother and I received the bottom train from Santa back in 1954.  It was in a box wrapped in brown paper with the not to Dwight and Larry from Santa.  It was the only way that my parents could figure out as to how to give it to both of us at one time. The train above is one of my dad's trains.



The bottom train in this photo is the first train that I received from Santa.  It is a light metal one and had a key the I had to use to wind it up and make it run. The engine is in really bad shape. That would have been in 1953 when I got it. I have seen that train in antiques shops for sale for a lot of money.  The top train was gifted to my late father.  He received two of them from my brother when he was in his 60s.  He really never played with them but his grandsons did.  When I closed down the parent's house I rescued it from a mess of boxed toys. The train's size are really too small to enjoy to make work easily. 



I am having some woodpeckers showing up at the soot.  Unfortunately the screen wire blocks the view and the camera's focus.  The male downy likes to pick through the soot for seeds. 

It is the last day of 2023. Our country needs to turn things around soon. I hope that in 2024 that I can say it was a good year.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wishing you and yours a Happy and Healthy New Year Larry.
I've so enjoyed reading your blog throughout the year, thank you for sharing.
Love,
~Jo

Val Ewing said...

I had some collectible old trains and gave them as a gift to a fiancé at one time. He was a jerk and sold it. Needless to say, he became an ex fiancé.

I love trains! I am thinking about a Lego train and train tracks in the future! Wouldn't that be cool?
Happy New Years!