Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Middle of the Week.....


 This was a very pleasant surprise to see him at the feeder. I have suet out but he was working on the sunflower seeds.



The red bellied woodpecker doesn't have red on its belly. The shine or hint of red is on its chest feathers. 



I have been crossing things off my list today. I had confusion going on with the doctor's office and my medication.  Finally talked to the right heart nurse and things were corrected with the right mg in a med. It took a click of a key on the computer to make it happen. Clerical errors that make ones life difficult.  I worked on Christmas cards this morning while waiting for a call back from the nurse and I paid a couple of bills. I threw away a multi-cd player today that had actually stopped working last year at this time.  I tried to play it a couple of days ago and then remembered that a cd was jammed in it and the player just stopped working. I had to tear it apart to pull out a valued cd.  It was old and it made a loud sound as I dropped it into the garbage bin. It feels good to get junk out of the house. 

We are sunny today but it still isn't that warm. We are getting the promise of rain on Christmas and we are all happy for that.  It might even be measurable and it won't  be snow. 

Thanks for checking in today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good looking red bellied woodpecker!

Val Ewing said...

Nice to see the red bellied woodpecker! I used to confuse them with Flickers but now that I pay more attention, I don't!

Rain would be nice this weekend. We need it!