Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Snoopy Plus.....


 Sometimes one needs to just remember the things from the past that make you smile. My Snoopy figurine was gifted to me from my wife. She knows that I cling to the cartoon series characters.  I had a shirt with all the friends on it, all in a row.  I would wear it to teach school because I was an art teacher.  I wanted to promote creativity as much as I could. 



I have been gifted with different things as they are a fun thing to pick up for the aging fan. I have had this for a few years. 



I bought this one for myself just in the past two years. It was sitting on a shelf at Hobby Lobby and I didn't bother to look at the price. The red on this mug is so amazing.



Wrapping paper has Snoopy carrying his lights out to decorate his doghouse. On the shows you can hear him preparing Christmas dinner inside.



Charlie Brown is so concerned about the commercialization of Christmas and he is upset that his own dog puts up lights. This too is wrapping paper illustrations.



My oldest son is hooked on the theme too as he displays his Charlie Brown tree every year in his house. He bought it a few years ago.  He listens to all of the music from the Charlie Brown shows.



Brown's neighbor friends all dance because it is Christmas time. Pig Pen plays his bass fiddle as everyone dances. 


Woodstock is Snoopy's close friend as they go through the year. The saddest cartoon that was created was when Charles Schulz passed. It was a cartoon showing Schutz in a back view walking into heaven and Snoopy was with him. Snoopy had his suitcase in hand.  After his passing the family company revived though and all does live on today in the funnies world.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Snoopy is always so sweet:) I love all those characters!

Val Ewing said...

I always love the Charlie Brown Tree. We used to have to buy the poorest ugliest tree on the lot when the kids were little so we could have a Charlie Brown Tree.

I had a Snoopy Doll too! I love Snoopy!