Friday, January 26, 2024

A Friday Check In.........


 I was out on a walk around the property yesterday morning.  I was glad to see the sight of my staircase and that was melting away. I could actually walk up the stairs without problems.



Everything is on hold as far as the flower boxes are concerned.  I have a brother in Arizona starting tomatoe seeds.  Nothing like that will happen here for a lot of months.



I had to smile when I saw this sight of sidewalk paths.  The kids that clear the one just above us decided to just clear a ingle path between their sidewalk and their neighbors.  I gues people with their dogs can walk though it.



This is the view out of my front door. The snow was so high that I just did a single path to the door. The caucus elections are over so the campaigners aren't at the door anymore and the packages can be deliverer with this path. That their is a clear sidewalk with no snow or ice is a great thing. 



A summer memory is the gift of chicken wire from my neighbor who was moving away.  I sort of just tooke them and left them lay out there. I may unroll them and put them into one big roll. 



A colorful photo is a good one to end with today.  The red-twig is looking good at this time.  We made it out today and ran some errands and pancakes.  It is going to be around 36°F. for most of the day.  It is considered mild weather compared to our negative temps that we had for a few weeks. No sight of the sun but we are sort of melting slowly.  It isn't going away as fast as I would like it to but it will go away. Thanks for checking in today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

We've had fog since Tuesday and it hasn't let up at all. But the warmer temps are a bit welcome. Now, everything is wet or icy wet in the mornings.

I love your red twigs! That sure would make me smile a lot to see this beautiful color!

Maybe we will see sunlight on Sunday.