Friday, January 19, 2024

It Is Still Cold...


 The birds are all eating except for this one who is perched on the corner post.  We were in the negative temps again this morning and our high for the day will be 6° F.  A slight breeze makes it to seem very cold.  We got about four inches of snow yesterday and I did run the snowblower to get it moved out of the drive. The snow was loose and fluffy so it worked well with my blower. It was still very cold and I needed all the extra layers of clothes. My face still got frosted. I use to have my younger son's face stocking cap to cover the face but I must have lost it in our move. 



The new snow added height to the present snowdrifts. I got that lane cleared out this morning. 



The added snow filled in the footsteps that were in the deck snow from me filling the feeders two days ago.  I should name this drift just like they name icebergs.  I did mess up its beauty by walking through it again to put seed in the bird feeders. We are still promised to have melting temps for next week. 



The 4 °F. with wind is said to fell like -12°F.  I am still chilled from being out in it for snowblowing and also going to the grocery store.  Our house sits at 60° of the north south axis.  The windows on the length of the back of our house is filled with windows that catch the north winds. They are good windows but they are big windows so we have bumped up our temps by a degree.  Things of course are better when the wind dies down.   I keep saying it is winter in Iowa.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I use a face mask and goggles because my eyes feel dried out without protection.
Looks like it is time for you to get a new face mask?

I hope you warm up!

Our NW corner of the house is cold too. The winds keep things rather cool and no sun shines on the north side!

:)