Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tuesday'for all Day.....


 

Larger than life photo of violets puts out lots of good color on a winter day. The light for violets is good but the outside temps would kill them immediately. 

 


 

Loose millet is the seed of chouice for the sparrows.  The new feeder does well with me adjusting the opening for them to get to the food faster.  We are warm enought that I see water dripping off of the roof of the wooden birdfeeder.  It is a good sight.

 


 

I watch snow melting on roofs of our neighbors.  One can see houses that are better insulated by ho whe snow melts off.  I sometimes think that it may have the variable of a room that might be kept warmer than others keep them.  Notivr yhr lean to roof has no melting going on while the kids playhouse has more of a slope and its snow is thinned. The thing that confuses me is the foreground shed has now snow on its roof and it is made of plastic.  I suppose shingles have more texture so it keeps the snow in  place easier. 



My wife's collection of angels are now all boxed up and put into the storage room.  I took a shot of this one before we boxed it as I liked the smile on it.  Who ever painted it did a great job of giving the face expression. 

We are slowly melting today.  I can see my drifts on the deck are settling and there are some dry spaces on the concrete walks.  We are just staying just above freezing which means it will be slow melting.  I guess we are to have the same temps for the most part of the week.  We can now get out even though our side roads have some snow problems. It seems to be a quiet Tuesday with some more Christmas decorations being taken down.  We take a it slow and easy and things get put away methodically. 

Thanjs for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a pretty African Violet!