Thursday, January 25, 2024

Rain and Melting Snow.....


 I went for a walk this morning. In some cases it was a cleared grass yard.  In other areas I had to plow through with ten inches of snow drift still on the ground.  It is raining right now and that has to help a little to get rid of the snow. 



I really missed seeing my stairs that I had build this past summer. It had a drift of snow over the bottom of it.



These stairs were such a great improvement over my railroad ties steps. You can see the wind blew through the two houses helping to melt away snow. The grass really is green under the snow.


Walking along the fence was easy.  It has melted away along it and the wind seemed to bounce off it causing a lante. 



Along the back of the yard the snow was still deep. I had to wade, not fall down, as I walked along the area. I did find where there are s couple of rabbits living under the old blue spruce. We don't see them but they are leaving lots of tracks and trails towards the trees and the bird feeders. 



My journey along the property, front and back, has given me many photos. I will share another batch tomorrow.  It is 35°F. right now and is raining nicely.  I went to get the mail with my winter coat hood up so I would get a wet head.  It is so great to see water rushing down the gutters both from rain and melting snow. When you are behind 18 inches of moisture it is so welcomed.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Nice photos of your yard!

I went out yesterday too and got soaked mostly from the rain.

Beautiful.
This morning we have fog and ice. So be careful out there!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are melting fast with the rain:)