Sunday, January 7, 2024

A No Sun day........


 Leftover wood is ready for newly created wood crafts.  My neighbor moved away and one of his final gifts was wood posts and boards.  I told him that is like art supplies for an artists and I will maked things from it all.



The parts fro an old dining room table will give me lots of things to use to make shelves. The table was over a hundred years old and I will recycle what I can from it. 



This is the firehouse that belongs to my wife's village. The side door is for a hand drawn cart for hoses and ladders to use in fighting fires. The guys on the right are taking a break with mugs of coffee. I enjoy the architectural details on this piece with the repeated arch windows and the columned roof over the balcony door. 


We are having a cold day with snow storm warnings for tomorrow.  We haven't had one for a long tim so I am not sure what our reactions will be.  Being snowed in is alright but I hope we are stocked up for it.  I did buy some chicken soups yesterday and have lots of coffee products for making coffee. I guess we are as ready as we need to be.  Thanks for checking in today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

That pile of wood will make great things!

Love the fire station and the firemen!

We just got upgraded to a Storm Warning here. Hope it isn't too bad for you. We do welcome the moisture.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes I saw that you were going to have a blizzard today, we just have Arctic cold:( Stay warm!