Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Middle of the Snowbank....


 

This is the typical view of everyone's mailbox on our street.  The sidewalk is cleared in the foreground.  The street is cleared enough that the mail truck can reach them with a very long outstretched arm.  We are getting colder for two days and then we may have warm weather in  which snow might do some melting. 



I almost took the wreath down last week and then I thought it could wait.  Now with the two snow storms I want to enjoy the natural dusting on it.  Birds like to roost in it which is causing some of that snow to fall off of it..

 


 My new feeder wasn't working. I couldn't figure out why the birds just were not eating from it. This one looks like their is seed available. 


I went out this morning and shook things up a bit.   Then I noticed that there are adjustments on each hole to regulate the different size of seed one might use.  They all were basically closed down and the birds were not getting any seed.  I guess I could small millet or smaller thistle seed in it and regulate the openings.  I guess I was in such a hurry to get the new feeder up that I didn't look at any directions.  Directions could come in handy I guess but I am sure I threw them away. 

We did get out today and bought a cart full of groceries. We have made it to 23° F. and it seems balmy. The car didn't quite think it wanted to start early morning but it did. All the tires have low air pressure in them because it is so cold.  I will deal with that this afternoon. Thanks for stopping by today.



2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

All my tires needed some air this morning also. I'm grateful that I was taught how to use the air compressor so I could deal with it. I got groceries also and it did feel warm.

I had to take a spade to the snow piles around our mailboxes --> that stuff was hard!

Looks like Friday night for us it will be cold cold again!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Poor birds could see the food! Looks like your mail box was almost buried:)