Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Tuesday and Beyond....


 A view out to the backyard shows we are melting off some snow.  It isn't a fast thaw but we are staying above freezing night and day. It is said that all that snow only gave to us about two inches of rain.  We are though down to a minus eleven inches in our rainfall. That number has improved. Seeing water trickling down the curbs is a great sight.



The Canada fakes are without snow on their backs after weeks of it coating them.  It is slow going in seeing things melt but after a week of these temps we should look a lot better. 



The inside looks good here and the deck is clearing off a lot of snow. I could use a good rain to wash away all the sunflower seed hulls. The one bloom on the Thanksgiving cactus looks great.


 

I took the cactus to the downstairs window over Christmas to clear up some space for a tree in the one window of the living room. I was glad to see one bud reformed, like a late bud, and it was showing its great color.

 


 

I wanted to share one more shot of the windmills in southern Iowa. What I wanted you to see is the herd of black angus cattle eating in the corn field, looking for fallen corn or stalks that might taste good to them. The farmer does drive around them to plant the crops and the livestock seems to tolerate them and grazes around them.  The do put out a noise. Some counties have voted to ban them from their area as they hear of the stories, negative ones, of what it is like to have them near your living space. It would take some getting use to if you had a dozen or more around you.  We have one at our area college, small one, and it almost decortaive as well as being a power plant. We like viewing it to see what the wind is doing to it.

We are having a quiet day and I am getting some chores done. I was worn out from my trip to the southern Iowa event but was glad I cold go.  My endocrinologist checked me out yesterday and changed around some of my treatments.  I don't call them meds as they don't make me get better, they just balance out the things that my body won't do anymore.   Thanks for stopping by today.



2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Happy to see you are finally warming back up, snow can surely disrupt our schedules.
Good news that your doctor is keeping up with you, and you are well.
Take good care Larry !
Jo

Val Ewing said...

Organic Valley uses windmills like this at their manufacturing plant near Cashton WI. We have a lot of solar panels in other fields too.

The cattle don't really mind the windmills do they.

I bet a lot of our snow will melt off this week too.