Thursday, January 11, 2024

Snowscape.....


 

It looks like winter out there. I had to shovel a path to get to the birdfeeders out on the deck. The deck collects a lot of snow because of its location.  It was a lot deeper with winds dropping snow down in the corner.



It isn't a pretty sight but it makes it easier to visit all the feeders.  My new neighbors are saying that they are seeing cardinals visiting the fallen seed that is on the ground below the deck. We don't see them. 



I knocked off the snow from my deck feeders this morning.  I would have to wade out to clear this free standing feeder. The snow on the roof shows we did get ten inches of snow.  We are suppose to get eight more inches tomorrow. We need all the moister that we can get. 



I have taken down the first Christmas tree.  It was in the spare room and it was a small one. I layed all the ornaments out on the bed and enjoyed handling each one as I boxed them.




We had a thundersnow last night and gained an inch of snow.  I hand shoveled the layer off my sidewalk and also the front steps.  With more snow coming there really is no reason to quickly remove the thin cover of snow in the driveway.  The weather has already changed a lot of our plans for the week.  I made it over to get my meds and pick up some last minute groceries.  We won't have to go for more food for a week. 

The side roads are horrible but the main roads are all treated and clear. Our side roads never got completely cleared so everything is frozen and full of ruts. It is winter and it is Iowa.  We will adjust as we use to get this every winter.  My brother in Arizona actually had his vegetable garden freeze a few days ago and my brother in California can't sit outside to watch his koi fish pond because it is too cold.  The California guy called me yesterday and teased me about my weather and I told him where the could put his teasing.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: