Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Winter Weather.....


 The junco does like to eat from the ground. It is a lone bird out ther which means he gets his choice from all that is out there.



Starlings do come in to eat here causing the sparrows to scatter. The junco is peaceful and will eat with the sparrows but there is a lot of seed on the ground below. My wife saw a cardinal at the ground feeder yesterday. 



Our temps are hovering around 34 or 35°F.  Ir ia melting but is is slow going.  I cleared an area for a delivery person out at my drive way and there is water running down the gutter.  That is great to see. It was so wet that it is heavy shoveling. I decided to go ahead and scoop out a path to the feeders.  It wasn't too hard even though that drift is a big one. 


 

Inside the angel fish and guppies are having a tropical winter. The angel fish are trained enough to come to the glass and look at me to let me know more food falling from the sky w ould be great.



The bully even glares at me with those eyes wishing for blood worm food.  He is called a golden marble angel with all the different colors on him. He is so similar to a zebra one but he has that great color on him. 

Watch snow melt isn't so fun but that seems to be the process for us to get rid of it.  It might rain soon but for now we are just foggy.  I will venture out for meds and some groceries later on today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: