Thursday, January 4, 2024

Thursday.....Things.


 A stray photo from yesterday gets to be my lead shot today. The oversized eyes were such a trend for a while as you couldn't buy a stuffed animal that did not have cartoon eyes. 



I have a new bird feeder that came with a camera.  It isn't up and running yet as I am still trying to get the application up and working on my phone.  My fingers can work my laptop and my iPad but the phone is hard for me to use. I have asked my wife to help me out.  Once it is installed I can video tape birds and watch them on my phone. 


In Hebrew, the word menorah means "lamp".The ancient menorah had seven branches—one for each day of Creation—and it burned in the Temple in what was then Judea.  The menorah is sometimes confused with the candle stands used during the Hanukkah. It usually has nine candles and the word means dedication. The candle stand was used during the rededication of the building of the second temple on the temple mound. The two temples were built hundreds of years before the Muslims existed. The Muslims built the present mosque on top of the same spot to be spiteful towards the Jews and while the Jews were in exile.  Israel and Judea existed hundreds of years before one of the King Herods decided to call it Palestine. He renamed the area to spite the Jews as it symbolized the people who were hostile and enemies of the Jews.

We had a chance to get our flu shot today but they didn't have the high dose kinds.  We will go back again tomorrow. We will not get the covid shots due to our severe reactions to the first two that we took back then.  We did catch Covid even with having the shots just a year ago.  There were many people in line today to get shots for so many different kinds of ailments. We will go earlier in the morning and maybe miss crowds.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We have gotten all the boosters for covid so far and Rsv and the flu shots, shouldn't need anything for awhile. Hope you get the high dose one. Stay warm, it has turned cooler up here:)