Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Sunday Times.....


The Jordan Creek Mall has a bookstore. Because it is a modern mall the bookstore was not made into a two story design.  It is one long stretched out bookstore with an elevated coffee shop. While sitting and drinking coffee one can feel like you are in an exotic place. The railing makes it that way and it really is just a bookstore.


The new iPhone has a compass on it.  It adds to my confusion as I though I had figured out the directions while being in the house.  Our house is on a curve so one can’t find true north.  Now with the phone I see I was not correct but I can now understand it better.  The table that is in the photo is sitting square with our sunroom at the back of the house. With the phone showing, I could say the sunroom was built on the north side of our house. By the compass we are slightly northeast and I could more easily call the back of our house the north side of the house.  Almost north but not exactly.  I can now step out on the sunroof or deck and look at the one corner of the neighbor’s house and point north. I can stand on the back side and turn 21 degrees and know true north.

I don’t know who the church member is that drives this Chevy to church most Sundays.  It is a neat older Chevy and as a joke he has sticker on the back window saying, “I like Ike”.   For those who don’t know the history, President Eisenhower was nicknamed “Ike” abbreviated or replacing Dwight D. (I looked it up and it was 1952 that they recruited him to run for President.

I don’t know the model year but it is perfectly restore. It makes one smile when you see it parked among all the cars and suv vehicles. The new phone helps me to take the pictures that I couldn’t have before now.

I hope all is well with everyone on this first day of September.  We are having warm day with sunshine.  Thanks for checking in today.


4 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

It's funny you have to explain the "Ike" meaning. Am I really that Old? Or maybe I was just a fan of history...but I knew the reference. Hehe.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It is a neat older Chevy, Larry, and I have heard the "I Like Ike" slogan before, so I guess I am that old as well.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice car...my Dad had one real similar:) I Phones do lots of stuff:)

Laurel Wood said...

Love that car and the color. We don't have a bookstore nearby but we do have one older coffee shop and occasionally we will sit and enjoy a plain ole' cup of coffee - nothing fancy. Sometimes it is nice to enjoy a "treat" away from home.