Monday, September 30, 2019

Clouds and Sunshine......


If I stand at a certain place in my yard I can dream that I live in Colorado.  I know it is a stretch as the neighbor's house is in the photo and the trees block the view of all the rows of houses behind them.

We did see the sun in the afternoon on Sunday.  It had rained off and on for most of the day. We are getting record breaking rainfall. The sky was beautiful yesterday afternoon with each cloud glowing from the sunshine.

The copula is almost covered with the zinnias now. While taking shots yesterday I   could see that the flowers are almost all spent now.  I could start removing the greens by next week for sure.

I remember that I cut a final bouquet of the good blooms and then took it all down. I have a row of onions planted underneath one side of the zinnias and I can then harvest them too.
A tradition for us now is to see the family a block away put up their Halloween decorations. Its fun to see four or five of them to head out and get it all set up.  They didn't turn on their lights yet but I bet they do on the first of October.

The real reason I first took this shot was the one tree that is now having leaves changing to orange. It will be the first to be filled with fall leaves and the first to drop all of its leaves on the ground.



Starting a new week with sun shining is a positive.  I wish you all well.  Thanks for stopping by today.



1 comment:

Rose said...

Take a shot of the house when the lights are on. Your zinnia have been beautiful. Love th sky shots.