Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Tuesday PM.......


Dropped by the bookstore Saturday.  It wasn’t very busy as college football games keep people home.  It is more like a weekday when there isn’t so much business.

Buy one cookie and get one free was the offer for the day with a coupon. I have to take my glasses of to do anything closeup anymore.  I had them off to work with the cell phone camera. We bought no books that day but we did pick up some magazines.  Reese’s Peanut Butter cookies were good.









A project in the works is laid out here under the new deck. Nothing is done here, I am just laying things out to see what design I could use. I ended up going back and buying 2 more red favors and then bought 11 brown pavers to place between the reds. I think it will look really good but I am not sure when I will actually start it.  I am going to have to buy bags of sand with limestone in it.  I did use the wheel barrow this morning and carried down the 13 bricks, two and a time, down our hill. Needless to say, it did  wear me out. A set of pavers will be nice even if they are under a deck,  In good weather the deck will make good shade.  It will look a whole lot better than the slab of concrete under the sunroom.

I had to dig to find the photo of the completer spring project. The new checkered area will be under the deck which is to the left of the sunroom. It will be a nice place to hang out except when it rains. I could invent a thing to keep the water from falling through the cracks but the will be another summer project.  Maybe a collection ceiling that will send it forward to the yard.




I had a guy in the yard this morning to put plugs into the lawn to improve drainage and to put on new grass seed.  Aerator is the word that I could not pull out of my brain. The kid (man) seemed to be about 12 years old but he was a nice guy.  He was probably just  out of high school and he did work hard to do the job of making plug holes all over the lawn.  It was wet from a rain so I have mud plugs laying around in the grass.  They will dry soon. The young man was almost too small to run the machines and he had a hard time keeping up with the self-propelled machine.  He didn’t run into anything but I think  he could have. I told the salesman that I won’t do this every year but it has never been done by the previous owner.

Our son sent us a photo of Ella recently.  Having had the two grandsons too at first the photo didn’t seem so special.  Then I realized she is raising up her head on her own. She is four months old now and is growing fast. With two big brothers hanging around I am sure she is going to try to keep up with them eventually.

We had rain off and on for the day and night keeping us wet and humid. This afternoon it is drying up and we do see sunshine.  It looks like the day will finish off good for us.  Thank you for stopping by today.  I wish everyone to be well today.

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a lovely spot to sit and read....
Your pavers project will look so nice, and functional.
What a sweet little girl, they do seem to grow so fast.
~Jo

Rose said...

Ella is adorable...

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ella is sure growing! She is a beauty!