Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday’s Finds.......






I worked at the house today and drove away leaving a window open.  The house was hot and I though t I could let in some fresh air instead of turning on the air. I like the size of the porch that I built on the front of this house.  I look at all the new houses going up and they are saving money by building a narrow small stairs and narrow openings between the posts.  I can only imagine how they can get any furniture through those small porches.  They really should not cut costs when it comes to the size of an opening door to the house.



I am not seeing any migration coming through our area.  I hope that we do.  I saw one monarch flying around at the old place. It was cool this morning while I mowed the grass.  A parka was good to have to keep that 62 degree F. from making one to feel cold.  I hope everyone is having a good day.  Thanks for stopping in at this blog.


Too hazy last night for a good shot of the full moon.  Maybe tonight it will happen.

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Love seeing your Monarchs, we have had so many butterflies this year :)
Our nights have been cooler, but ooh the heat in the daytime, has broken new weather records.
I'm hoping to see the 13th moon, probably never see another.
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good that cooler temps are arriving, but it didn’t seem like fall here in Nashua, NH earlier thus week when it was 88 degrees🌞
Thankfully followed by a day of rain that cooled things off. I agree with you that some houses have too small porches. Did you sit outdoors on yours? Our former VA home had a wonderful front porch and we had rocking chairs as well.

Rose said...

We had 90º temps last week...today was more comfortable...but next week is supposed to be in the high 80's. We shall see...hopefully they will be wrong. Nice shots in this post...specially the first. and the Monarch...I am only seeing a few. Last year there were so many!