Thursday, September 12, 2019

Thursday’s Things......


Our minds are so specific about things and we do see that the shape is not quite totally round.  My mind keeps wanting to fill it in.  Friday is the day for the full moon but I  may have clouds on that night.  The conditions for this shot were perfect unlike the last shot of the moon that I took days ago.  I don’t understand what the lines are all about as you view the bottom of that globe.

More pavers for my future patio area. They will be placed in a checkerboard pattern of red pavers with these brown pavers. They are so heavy that I am able to only carry two of them at a time in the wheel barrow to carry them down the hill. I bought them at two different times so that I could walk after doing that kind work.

The trial process. placing them just to see if it is going to look good, is going on now.  I am happy with it but now I need to buy sand with limestone in it to lay a sand base. The whole grass area is four inches lower the the concert slab that it is sitting next to and level with for easy walking.
I bought eight the first time when I was developing the design.  I went back and bought five more thinking I would fill in the blank spaces with gravel.  Then I went back one more time to buy eleven brown ones and two more red ones. I can always buy more next spring if I think I want to cover more area under the deck.

I have an artist that is using the new sunroom now. She was hesitant to work out there at first but the  lighting is perfect for here while she paints. The whole area out there is just a special atmosphere that makes it feel pleasant and peaceful.

I have vines everywhere this year.  I like them but I can see that I may have to thin them out a bit when they overtake flowers that I want to see.

Thanks for checking in today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your paver project is a big one! They are so heavy! Get out your level! :)