Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Middle of the Week.......


A favorite bowl for my grandma and my mother too.  I remember seeing by Grandma Brooks mixing up fruitcake in that stoneware bowl.  My mom must have snatched it when they were closing down here house. I picked smaller toamotes in the bowl.  Rose petals from the neighboring yellow rose are laying on the step.  The moss rose is reacting to the fall weather and it isn't lookinb very good now.

The volunteer pear shaped tomato is putting out tomatoes now.  They are so supper sweet.  I had to wait a long time to see this vine growing in the flower garden.  I guess I should dry some seed if I want them to grow sooner. The former neighbor had them in the one garden next to the house so when I saw a    plant or two showing up I let them grow even if I didn't know what they were.

Terrace lines is one of my patterns that I use on the front yard.  This morning I broke down and create the diagonal pattern.  It does look good but it is a pain with so many things can be run into and I have to make so many more turns. I mowed this morning and also chatted with my neighbor from up the hill.  The temperatures kept raising.  I think it raised about 10 degrees during our discussion. I stopped after finishing the front and had a fluid break before I finished the back yard.



We met with some missionaries who were on furlough from Swaziland, Africa.  The brought us a gift when we went out to eat. It is a wonderful metal elephant with plant decorations on it.  The leaves and flowers are mirrors. The elephants ears are the shapes of a  plant leaf.

I turned it to take another photo and got a completely color reflection on the whole piece.  This seems to be a good keepsake of sculpture made in Africa. For those who don't know where the country is, it is northeast of East Africa. The work for Childern's Cup feeding thousands of children through out the years. We have not figured out where to place it in tho house but right now it is in the flowerpots area.



Neglect is the best thing for violets but I have a couple that look pretty bad and they sure are not blooming.
A hot day means we will stay insdie the rest of the day. Our humidity isn't so bad or I wouldn't have been mownig the yard.  I hope all is well with my friends in blog land.  Thanks for stopping by today. 

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never seen pear shaped tomatoes! Your yard is so pretty, I love the curves and the shape of it. Not just square and boxy. This elephant is so special, really stunning!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I was wondering if the pear-shaped tomatoes are actually yellow or just not ripened yet. I too have never seen any but know there are different varieties.