Monday, September 23, 2019

The Start of the Week.....


It is a little bruised from its travels but it sure is enjoying feeding from the zinnias. I wish to see a migration here but I don't think I will have one.  Too much city and not enough prairie .

The outsides of the wings are not damaaged.

I picked a few zinnias this morning. I see that my one set of three tomatoes are done.  I will just cut them out and let the insects and critters finish eating them until they are gone. It is now fall and things will have to be cleared out of the gardens.

I needed to mow the yard this morning and it was just too wet. We had another rain in the night and the deck was showing standing water when we got up. It was not warm enough to dry off but now with it at 75 it may seem to be to warm. I will do it no matter what some time this afternoon.

I hope everyone is doing well today. Thanks for stopping in at my post.

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

A beautiful butterfly, I'm hoping he has a safe journey :)
~Jo

Rose said...

Maybe the butterfly is not long from the chrysalis...it is beautiful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope he makes the migration! We saw very few butterflies this year:(